Wednesday

The Ocarina of Rhyme



hey folks. It's Sleaze dropping more jewels. More gems. Here to introduce my next project.

As the title suggests, it will be dedicated to the best game ever created; Zelda: The Ocarina of Time. As if it is possible, I really identify with the green guy. You know, being that he isn't real. But that game came out in a time where things weren't so great in my home, so it was an excellent form of escapism. Nothing like slicing up imaginary villains instead of ice-picking the parents...anywho.

All that said, the most fascinating aspect of the game was the extraordinary score attached to it. the music was bananas! I remember being more interested in the damn tracks than beating the effing thing. Needless to say, I beat the thing(albeit, a few years later on a new console to boot), but the music never left my mind.

Cut to 2008 - I started playing the game again and the old memories hit me like a mack truck. I know I had to use these songs to tell my own story. The same way they helped tell the story of Link.

So that's the initial breakdown. I'll have more info for you as the story develops...

PEACE TWO SCOOTERS!

UPDATE!!!

The mixtape is done and doing well on the d'ls. I hope everyone enjoys it and if you need a copy, click here. Ketchup, plz.


No comments: